A cleansing facial is a must after a week of make up, pollution and whatever the elements are throwing your way season depending. I like to use Rooibos tea as part of my cleanse, it is a staple in our kitchen cupboard and has many medicinal and beauty benefits containing the enzyme superoxide dismutase which fights signs of ageing.
Rooibos Deep Cleansing Facial
- Brew a pot of Rooibos tea to use for your steam, toner and a cup to drink with a dash of honey and a slice of lemon.
- Remove all make up and double cleanse. Massage the oil into your face and neck, then remove the oil with a warm face cloth and follow with the water based cleanser.
- Exfoliate gently in small circles with an exfoliating scrub
- Soak a clean washcloth in the warm Rooibos tea (take care not too burn), wring the cloth out and press it to your face till it cools down. Repeat 3-4 times to benefit from the heat/steam.
- Apply your deep cleansing mask of choice according to the directions. I am partial to clay masks for removing impurities and excess sebum.
- Tone, use the left over Rooibos tea as a toner.
I am a big fan of double cleansing and having combination skin has always made it tricky finding products that will not dry out one half of my face or create an oily mess. First an oil cleanse and then a waterbased cleanser, removing built up oil, sweat and dirt that builds up in our pores daily.
Having tried many different brands over time and many break out inducing products I decided to mix my own version for my daily double cleanse using Castor and Jojoba Oil with a 1:5 ratio as the Castor oil is mega thick! My skin is clearer and no more pesky breakouts.
The laidbare ‘For Richer, For Porer’ mask has a pre added exfoliating scrub for when you have less time or just feel like skipping a step :) not bad for £7.99